Friday, December 12, 2008

Hills and Rock

I made my way to Wharapapa South for a few days of climbing. I was able to meet up with some climbers who were traveling as well. Alex and Bene from Germany and Marie, Tyrone, and little Rowan from Squamish were lots of fun to hang with on the rock. The rock was amazing looking and the quality was nice until the routes got hard and the rock got really sharp, ouch! This area is fantastic to play in. Even on the day it rained we set up my slackline to play on.

Bene working on a lead that I had trouble with because its hard to find the right holds. You can't see them!



Me on my first lead in months. A fun 19 rated climb. Such a good climbing day.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Kelly!!!

This is CRAZY! I climbed at Wharapapa with a woman who helped put up a ton of the routes down there...WOAH!!! LOVE it : ) Can't wait to hear more about your adventures in NZ ~ give me a shout when you feel like sharing stories. Cheers mate, much love to you and all the Kiwis!!! Jenna

Tessa Kate said...

Hello Kelly!
You are getting your hand on so much beautiful rock, and making me thirsty for the same. Keep posting, and keep cultivating moment to moment curiousity!
Tessa